Saturday 30 January 2016

Hippo Sized Hypocrites

You know whats the problem these days ?? We are hypocrites. All of us have two faces and which one we show up depends completely on our convenience. The definition of good or bad changes from time to time to justify our actions. We say something and do something else.

Grownup's hypocrisy


One day I was at my friend's house and I unknowingly stepped on a newspaper that was lying on the floor. My friend came running, took the paper and chanted a prayer or something and turning to me said "Vidya(knowledge) hai yaar,respect it." I was completely blown away by hearing this. I was like "Woww man ..you are the ultimate sanskaari beta." I was highly inspired so started doing the same thinking that this was how he got good marks ...by respecting vidya. A few days later I was again in his house. I was playing with Timmy (pet dog) when Timmy recieved the call of nature.As Timmy was just a pup and had not been trained he popped some poop within the house.Now guess what my sanskaari friend did. He brought  a couple of newspapers to clean it. A few days back this guy was scolding me for stepping on a newspaper and now he is using the same newspaper to wipe off his dog's shit.


Age old hypocrisy


Aam Aadmi hypocrisy 

Recently a lot of talk has been going on about intolerance. So I thought of introspecting intolerance on an individual level rather than on a societal level. After thinking for a while I am convinced that we are intolerant at an individual level too. We are so intolerant that we have assigned our left hand to wipe our asses after relieving ourselves, whereas the privilege of feeding us is exclusively given to our right hand. From our childhood we have been taught to give things (especially money) with our right hand. Whenever you get into a new house you should put your right foot forward. While applying tilak or making the sign of the cross we should always use our right hand. That means for ages we have considered our left side to be inferior to our right. Huhh... and we call ourselves tolerant.

Grownups are spitting paan here and there while discussing about the Swachh Bharat initiatives. Children are throwing chocolate wrappers out on the road and are writing big big essays on cleanliness. People are paying bribe for everything -For a license ,for a passport and even for a seat in the train.All this while frowning over Vyapam,2G,coal block etc. In India ,people don't stop at red light. Training a black cat to cross the road at specified intervals is more effective.

Government wala hypocrisy


Well, I am a hypocrite myself . I have been lecturing you all about hypocrisy for so long but the truth is I needed a spell check to realise the correct spelling of hypocrisy. Too much 'gyan' for the day .So for now I will stop here.

3 comments: